Friday, July 25, 2014

Vacation To Paradise Collex from Laquerlicious Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

*Blogger Package*
Today I have a fun collection called Vacation to Paradise from Laquerlicious.  Paradise....what do you think of when you hear that word?  For me, I think of a beach!  This collection nailed my idea of paradise.  This is my first collection from Laquerlicious, I had only tried 2 of Michelle's (owner of Laquerlicious) polishes before and I was super excited.  She is known for making great glitter bombs and fun glitter combinations for toppers. This collection really opened my eyes to adding more Laquerlicious polish to my collection.

Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is On Vacation, a glitter bomb with complete coverage in 3 coats.  On Vacation contains hexes in a few sizes in purple, lavender, iridescent teal, white and dark purple.  This is the perfect polish for glitter lovers and purple loves (raises hand ME ME ME!).  Glitter came out easily with zero fishing.  Photos show 3 thin coats with shiny top coat.



Next is Sand-tastic, a brown glitter jelly.  This is my first brown glitter jelly and I must say I really liked it.  I was a little worried at first, but the combination of brown, gold, magenta and orange glitter really added a classy look to the brown jelly base.  Formula was easy to work with and photo shows 2 coats with shiny top coat.




Distant Shores provides the water for the beach vacation I had in my mind.  Distant Shores is packed full of glitter in a teal jelly base.  Teal, green, iridescent glitter are all floating around to give Distant Shores it's depth.  Formula was great and photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.



Wish You Were Here is a deep red wine glitter jelly that warms the heart, just like the name.  Wish You Were Here contains purple, lavender, magenta hexes and small squares.  Photos show 2 coats which applied easily topped with a shiny top coat.



Two Tickets To Paradise is a dynamic glitter topper (and a song you can really rock out to).  It contains medium and small circles, large and medium stars, micro glitter, squares and triangles in colors of teal, purple, magenta, silver holo and pink.  Photos show 1 coat dabbed on with slight glitter placement over a tape mani using Jenna Hipp colors (Refresh-Mint and Daft Pink) topped with a shiny top coat.


The last polish of the Vacation To Paradise Collection is Midnight At The Oasis.  Midnight At The Oasis is a fun glitter topper containing royal blue, purple, teal hexes, large circles, triangles, stars and micro glitter.  Photos show 1 coat dabbed on with no glitter fishing over Jenna Hipp colors (We Are Mint To Be and I Cast A Spell On Blue gradient and swatch) and topped with a shiny top coat.



Loves:  Fun collection that pushed the creative envelope with glitter and jelly combinations.  I would never think of buying a brown glitter jelly, but Michelle made it pretty and interesting.  Formula was easy to work with on all and there was little to no glitter fishing.  Brushes....yes I love big brushes for glitter polishes, they make application a breeze.  I also love that Laquerlicious is 5-free so it does not contain 5 of the nasty chemicals that nail polish can contain.

Wishes: I wish I had tried more Laquerlicious Polishes earlier!  I wish my laptop would except the spelling of "Laquerlicious!"  I just "taught" my laptop the spelling.  :)


Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com

Stay connected to Laquerlicious:
Store: www.laquerlicious.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/laquerlicious
Instagram: www.instagram.com/creativenailchick
Twitter: www.twitter.com/laquerlicious

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches! I love On Vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't believe this is my first collection from Laquerlicious! Getting more pronto! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)