Sunday, December 15, 2013

Beginnails' Sunday Six Week 2

Greetings & Nailutations,

Another week of nail art & swatching goes past us as the holidays draw near.  As expected, most of the manis will be holiday related.  Let's get to them!

The first mani was a joke.  The theme of the challenge was Tacky Christmas & the host said she wanted to laugh, so I decided to do a play on "Blue Christmas" with a blue strip candy cane thumb, a blue tree, a blue snow flake, blue snowman and a blue present.


Next is more of a swatch of a gorgeous red sparkly polish.  I let it spotlight on it's own & just added a simple candy cane charm.

Third is also a swatch, but this polish is magical.  It is called a duo-chrome and depending upon how the light hits it, it changes color.  This is called Mystical Peacock from Liquid Sky Lacquer.

Next is some nail art that was inspired Ruth on instagram (@ruthsnailart) who made some gold bells.  I used silver & hit the challenge theme of Silver Bells.

Snow fall is the theme for this wintry scene, where I used acrylic paint over a navy blue swatch.
 Lastly, this theme is "studded" and I did a split black & white and then used some pink & black/white spotted studies to divide it up.

I hope you are getting into the holiday spirit, as I am with my nail art.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @beginnails

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. :)