Friday, December 20, 2013

Two Gypsies Nail Lacquer Winter Collection Review

Greetings & Nailutations!

I have a treat today!  The winter collection from Two Gypsies Nail Lacquer.  Still new to the indie world, Two Gypsies Lacquer was founded in October of 2013.  Their unique use of color and glitter will have them around for the long run.  Two Gypsies Lacquer can be found on etsy here: Two Gypsies Nail Lacquer

First up from the winter collection is Spruce, which is a sea green-teal polish with holo glitters that twinkle of blue, green and red.  This one might be my favorite because I haven’t seen this shade of lacquer as a holo, in my obsession to own all holos in every color.  Formula was great & made application a breeze.  Photos outside the light box show the starkly holo (sparkle + star = starkly).





Next up is Sugar Plum.  It is a purple glitter jelly, but opaque in 3 coats.  It is sprinkled with silver, blue, red medium and small hexes as well as micro glitters.  The glitters pop in this rich, vibrant purple.   




Magical Night of Lights is a black jelly that is opaque in 2 coats.  This polish looks like its name – a night with lights as the lacquer is filled with multi colored holo glitters.  Glitters were spread throughout so no need to fish.  This may be my second favorite as the black with micro glitters looks amazing.




Ribbon Candy is a white glitter crelly filled to the brim with large pink hexes, medium purple, light & royal blue hexes as well as coral, royal blue, orange small hexes, little red squares and turquoise micro glitters.  This polish was a bit on the thick side so all the glitter was spread evenly throughout the bottle with no glitter fishing needed.  When applying a glitter crelly, you typically dab it on, however with Ribbon Candy dabbing made the polish very thick on my nail, so long even brush strokes amazingly made the polish go on better & the glitter to spread even – which I have NEVER seen before.  This polish may have magic inside it.  I do recommend a peel base coat worn with this polish, as it will make removal much easier (I speak from experience since I had this puppy on for 2 days).  




Pros: Colors are vibrant, no glitter fishing, beautiful unique colors and combinations.  I also love the fact all the winter colors can be warn anytime of year - and the fall collection has this same versitility.

Cons: No cons with this polish.  Yes, Ribbon Candy was a bit thick, but once I figured out how to apply it, no issue.

I am looking forward to see what else Two Gypsies Lacquer has in store.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @beginnails

1 comment:

  1. These look very pretty! I live the look of magical night of lights and sugar plum! (The Polished Butterfly)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)