Sunday, May 21, 2017

3 Empties: American Classic Yellow Stopper, Fortune Cookie Soap Foaming Hand Wash and Heahther's Hues Cutie-cle Oil

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!

The first product that I used up is American Classic Yellow Stopper (I buy mine from Sally Beauty Supply).  In an ideal world this product is used to make your varnish chip proof, seals nails and stops the yellowing of nails (due to use of varnish).  In my world, I used 2 coats as a base coat prior to swatching.  It dries relatively quick but remains tacky so that when I am done with 1 swatch/polish, I can easily scrape/peel it off (add to my swatch ball) and start on the next polish.


Scent: scent of lacquer
Packaging: I purchase the large bottles since I use 2 coats with every swatch.
Buy Again: Yes!  I am 1/3 through my next bottle and have a back up bottle on deck!

The next product I used up was a cuticle oil, Cutie-cle Oil from Heather's Hues in the scent Crazy for Coconuts.  There are over 40 scents currently available including non-scented and you can get them in a variety of packaging too (which is perfect for people who love roller balls vs pens).


Scent: Crazy for Coconuts is described as "sweet coconut, vanilla and a touch of lily of the valley" per the online store.  I really enjoyed this scent and it was used up quickly.  
Packaging: click pen with brush applicator.  I love this packaging as it allows you to get oil under your nail as well.  The easy travel packaging was kept in my purse.
Buy Again: Yep!  I have a few I need to use up first from Heather's Hues.

The last product I have to share in this post is Fortune Cookie Soap Foaming Hand Soap in the scent of PJP.  I love foaming hand soaps - it makes my work easier when cleaning my hands and foam is just fun.  (Good enough reason for me.)


Scent: FCS's online store describes PJP as a "magical blend of fresh oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, ripe melon, peaches and kiwi ...sprinkled with a touch of sugar."  Honestly, they overdid the scent.  The first use I was overwhelmed by sweetness and it smelled like a roll of sweet tarts exploded in my bathroom.  
Packaging: Foaming dispenser - my favorite 
Buy Again: I have a few more foaming soaps to use from FCS and I've been enjoying them, however if I compare them to Bath and BodyWorks, the FCS soap is more liquidy and sometimes the dispenser isn't easy to push down.  I prefer the Bath and BodyWorks soaps.  I will use up the remaining stock I have of FCS soaps but won't purchase anymore.

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?  Do you put date of purchase on your products?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails

10 comments:

  1. Empties posts are so inspiring - I've never done it cause I forget and throw out the empties before I can post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's inspiring but sometimes I feel like a hoarder because I keep garbage around for so long. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never been able to get Yellow Stopper to work as a peel-off but it does fill in bumpy glitters well. I wish it wasn't violet tinted, as it does show, but I'm sure that is to counteract yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to use 2 coats to get it to peel off. And an older used bottle's formula work better than brand new.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that bottle of Yellow Stopper is impressive. It feels super good to finish up a product that big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried Yellow Stopper before but I have been wondering about it as a peel off basecoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to try to use it as a sticky/tacky top coat for nail foil. Just saw a tutorial about it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)