Thursday, January 26, 2017

3 Empties: Davine's OI All in One Milk, Dream Polish Pout Glam and Sunny's Body Products Sugar Scrub

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


Now let's get to the empties!


The first item is Davine's OI All In One Milk, which I got in a Birch Box.  (Link is for 50% off your first box!)  This is a post leave-in shower hair treatment.


Scent: The scent of this product reminds me of what you would smell in a beauty salon - I can't really place it.  I would have preferred a fragrance-free product over the current scent.
Feel: Milky, easily applied onto hair.  Allowed my hair to comb through after towel drying easily. 
Packaging: small spray bottle, that tended to clog quite a bit.  Towards the end of the emptying process, I used the tube from the spray top to dip and apply to my hand because the tube was too short.
Buy Again: I would not purchase this in the future - there are so many other hair treatments that have more pleasant scents with packaging that worked better for me.

Then next item is Dream Polish's Pout Glam, which is her lip balm (that is also vegan and cruelty free).


Scent: (Actually...Flavor!)  Tropical Soda Pop tastes of a fruit punch type beverage.  Scent is not overpowering at all and the light flavor is perfection.
Feel: Vanessa (owner of Dream Polish) was aiming for a lip product that is non-thick and not pasty. The lip balm needs a VERY gentle application - it is very creamy, I learned this in my first application and got a bit too much product on my lips (I'm used to lip product that are hard/thick).  Oops!  After that, a light dabbing on just the bottom lips and a press of my lips together was perfect!
Packaging: It comes in a chap-stick twist tube packaging.
Buy Again: I loved the consistency of the product and the flavor, but I'm wondering if maybe a different packaging style would work better (wand? doe foot applicator?) for easier application.  I would purchase again - would just need to remind myself on how to best apply before use to avoid getting too much product.

The last product is Sunny's Body Products Sugar Scrub.  Now I will preface this by saying this actual container I purchased about 3-4 years ago, when Sunny's Body Products still sold polish.


Scent: When I purchased this, I actually bought 2 in the scent of Cucumber Melon.  The first one was used right away and it has an AMAZING scent - I love clean scents.  I recently re-organized my "mani-cave" and found the 2nd one I purchased.  I opened it up and...WOAH!  It had gone bad.  It wasn't rancid, but the scent was gone and it just smelled not of cucumber nor melon.  I used it twice and just decided to cut my losses (since I already have about 10 other sugar scrubs to use).
Feel: The consistency was still on point, small granules of sugar with moisturizing products mixed in.    My skin is happy, my nails look healthy after using (the 2 times I used it).
Packaging: Small plastic tub with plastic spoon for scooping product out.
Buy Again: I am a huge fan of Sunny's Body Products and I know it is my fault for letting the product get too old before I used it.  I will continue to buy her products but use them in a more timely fashion.  I have also started putting month/year on nail/hand care items I do purchase.

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences with them?  Do you put date of purchase on your products?

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka BeginNails


24 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of theses but the lip balm sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I had a sugar scrub that smelled sooo bad and it was like three years old. I tossed it too and now I'm not buying anymore until I go through my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - no more buying of cuticle products until I use up more of my stash.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of these, but they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round up. I'm working more indie beauty and body products into my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually purchased a sugar scrub, but man, they make your hands soooo smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of these brands, but I'm always looking for a good lip balm! I have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing these products! It always takes me a while to empty things, but it always feels so satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is satisfying & even more so when you actually throw the empty away after the blog post! hahaha

      Delete
  8. Sorry you lost the sugar scrub. I'm always finding things I forgot I had and then keeping them around to use later... I should probably not do that. Congrats on your empties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie - yes, I need to go through my tub of products and do the smell test.

      Delete
  9. These empty reviews are so helpful! I was intrigued by the lip balm, but think I would find it annoying way to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sugar scrubs specially strawberry ones

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I loooove empties posts!! I need to order some Sunny's products soon. I haven't ordered from her since her packaging looked like that and she still sold polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I love how much she has expanded her line.

      Delete
  12. I haven't tried any of these but I love empties posts! They always inspire me to finish up some of my products that I need to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The All In One Milk is the one I would want to try. I love Sunny's for cuticle oils, but am not much of a scrub user.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)