Friday, November 27, 2015

Indie Shop Event Experience

Greetings and Nailutations,

November 21st was a special (first of it's kind) event called the Indie Shop Event.  It was a chance for a group of indie brands (independent) to get together and showcase what they have to offer the folks in the surrounding nail community.  It was presented by Envy Lacquer, co-hosted by Bliss Polish, and took place in Southern California.  As some of you know, I live in the neighboring state and since my husband loves road trips, we decided to drive 5-6 hours for a long weekend.

After a fun day at Disneyland (photos 1 and 2 below), I met up with some amazing makers and polish loves at the hotel in the bar for a few drinks the night before.  Melody of Envy Lacquer, Yvette from Bliss Polish, Painted Polish by Lexi was there with her sister and Alice from Squishy Face Polish along with a few polish lovers (Mayra and Gen and one other whom I didn't catch her name..sorry!!) all joked and laughed and thought about playing drinking games to bad "polish words"....like Arminex.  (Two cookies if you get that joke!)



The next morning, I got up early and went downstairs to help set up the room.  I tried to be as helpful as I could without drooling.  I was amazed at the creativity of the tables and all the gorgeous colors being put on display.  I saw faces that matched with instagram accounts.  There was a little stress and panic, but the reassuring message of a line at the door made us all the more excited!  Below is Painted Polish by Lexi and Sea Lore Polish tables (photos courtesy of Mr. BeginNails).

Painted Polish set up - I really liked her presentation and the addition of lights to really show the sparkles.


Sea Lore Polish set up, she also had adorable bows/hair accessories.


Finally the doors opened (about 15 minutes late....SORRY!) and I saw girls walk in with wide eyes oohing and aaahing.  I heard screams of recognition, I saw hugs of brand owners caring about their customers, I saw kindness of customers admiring the beauty placed into a bottle...and I smelled....obviously polish.

Doors opened!  I am propping the one door open.  See, I am good for something!


Lavish Polish and the gorgeous product!


Stached Lacquer with her adorable table set up!


Melody (the planner) and her brand Envy Lacquer showing customers the love she places in each bottle.


Yvette, owner of Bliss Polish and her BoB's (Bliss'd Out Babes).


Lexi of Painted Polish and her sister.  


Lexi showing the sparkles of Painted Polish.


Sea Lore Polish and Poetry Cowgirl Polish talking to fellow polish addicts.


Yvette showing off the new collection of Bliss Polish.


Bad Bitch Polish up front (she sold out of most of her stuff) and Squishy Face Polish in back, updating her status about how great the event is going.


Sara from Nails Redesigned up front and the Nvr Enuff Polish owners toward the back.


I was given the opportunity to teach a demo during the event.  I wanted something easy and wanted to make it interactive.  I decided on water spotting and showed the gathering how to make nails look like turquoise (the stone).  My heart grew seeing folks learning a new technique and being excited about it.  I was also able to give out some prizes and coupons that some amazing folks sent me: Drip Drop Nail Paint, Polished Vino, CDB Lacquer, Heather's Hues, GG Indie Polish, Ellagee Polish, and Girlosity Cosmetics.




I came away with a HUGE haul of polishes (3 new to me brands: Poetry Cowgirl Polish, Bad Bitch Polish and Stached Lacquer) and some new friends!


Thanks for reading!  What polishes should I try first!?

Happy Polishing!Kristi aka @BeginNails

4 comments:

  1. This looks so fun!! You should wear a purple polish first :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry extra comment: the picture on the roller coaster with you showing off your nails was priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Thanks! My husband next to me pretended to be vomiting....gotta love adults that act like kids! :) Now when we take my niece and nephew their goal is to do the craziest thing in the photos. Checking the time, pretending to sleep, pretending to argue. We have taught them well. haha

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)