Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sassy Pants and Friends Box (June) Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

I'm a bit behind on some of the boxes I purchased myself this summer but want to show them some love on my blog.  I saw the polish Heather from Heather's Hues put into a box and HAD...NEEDED...ummmm...couldn't live without it!  The box is Sassy Pants and Friends June Box.  

Now let's get to the box.


First up is my favorite and the reason I bought the box in the first place called Sneaking' Back To Camp Before Dawn from Heather's Hues.  It is a lovely bright purple pink crelly with purple hexes and squares, orange hexes and light pink flakies.  I love the complexity of this polish and was really happy to add it to my collection.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.





Next is the Sassy Pants Polish contribution called Ghost Stories Round The Campfire which is a red glitter jelly.  Ghost Stories Round The Campfire contains orange and red holographic glitters in a few sizes.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat (1st, 2nd and 3rd photos) and matte top coat (4th, 5th and 6th photos).







The last polish was from le Polish called Tip Your Canoe, which is a blue glitter jelly.  When I first received this polish I noticed pigment clumps in it, so I contacted the box host (Sassy Pants) and also the brand and was able to get a replacement.  The replacement looked a bit different, so I have them side by side (original on the left - few pigment clumps on ring and pinky the dark spots, replacement on the right).  I loved that she was quick to replace and sent an extra gift - but to me the polishes seem very different in the glitters and shimmer and I prefer the look of the original.  The replacement has large circle glitters, squares, shards and shimmer dispersed throughout.  The original had large squares, shards, hexes and tons of shimmer.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat (replacement 2nd and 3rd photos and original 4th and 5th photos).






Shiny Top Coat: Top That from Heather's Hues
Matte Top Coat: Heart Of The Matter from Heather's Hues

Loves:  I love Heather's Hues contribution and am so happy to have this polish.  I've already used it in nail art too!  I did enjoy the 3 different brands and affordable price.  It's a great way to try new indies.

Wishes:  I wish the le Polish replacement resembled the original as I really like the shimmer in the jelly formula.

Have you ever ordered a box just for 1 polish?  It's ok, I won't judge you as long as you don't judge me!  :)

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

10 comments:

Thank you for your comment. :)