Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Don Deeva Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I am going to share another new to me brand.  The Don Deeva is owned by Danette and she is known for her adorable little rubber duckies that come with your order as well as her quick shipping. I ordered the May custom exclusives as well as a thermal I had been eyeing for quite awhile.  Danette was a sweet heart and threw in the HHC custom she created earlier because she knew I had missed it.


Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is one of the May custom exclusives called Muertos Mafia, a bright pink glitter crelly.  Muertos Mafia contains gold hexes, purple micro flakies and silver holographic rainbow dust.  Formula was amazing and applied like buttah!  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.




The second May custom exclusive is called Rockin' My Sari, Eatin' Calamari and oh my word!  This is my favorite.  It is a forest/olive green with metallic flakies giving it so much dimension.  Again, formula made application a breeze.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.




Next is the thermal I purchased called Feelin' Bi-Polar.  Feelin' Bi-Polar is a light pink jelly when warm and changed to a darker purple when cold.  It contains silver holographic flakies in a few sizes. Photos show 3 coats with shiny top coat.  I did need to use an ice pack to get the thermal action going - keep in mind it's warm in Arizona though - so thermals in the summer are finicky.





The last polish is called Mi Viejo Bella, a gorgeous deep purple holo.  This is an HHC custom, so you must be part of the Facebook group to acquire their exclusives.  (If you are interested in joining, leave a comment below and I can point you in the right direction.)  Again, formula was smooth and applied perfectly.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.






Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from Dream Polish

Loves:  Originality - the group customs are polishes I haven't seen before.  The depth of the finish and the complexity of color combination make these amazing additions to my collection.  Formula - every polish applied easily with nice wide brushes and perfect formula.  Customer Service - speedy shipping, an extra and an adorable little pink mini rubber ducky?  Sign me up!

Wishes: I am kicking myself for not trying this brand earlier. I wonder how many other great polishes I have missed!

Do you have a favorite?

Stay connected:
Store: http://www.thedondeeva.com
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DeevaLaFamilia/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedondeeva/

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

25 comments:

  1. Awww. I'm blushing here. Feelin Bi-Polar come winter will be a deep raisin lol. I have the same trouble in Florida hot hot weather. I keep a cup of ice water. BUT even then by the time you click the camera... Poof gone! 😂

    I love all these swatches. And rockin my sari, Eatin Calamri is probably an all time favorite.

    Thanks love❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danette! Really impressed with these babies!

      Delete
  2. Too cool! I hadn't heard of this brand before but they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I just found out she is coming out with some magnetic polishes too!

      Delete
  3. What an interesting collection. This brand is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were my first & I'm really happy with the quality!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this brand! Those first two are super unique and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I love when a brand does things out of the box, stuff you haven't seen before.

      Delete
  6. I love that thermal! Great swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mi Viejo Bella is thoroughly beautiful! I would wear that polish through the cooler months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! I love me some good flakes!!! Certainly adds a unique twist. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Haha! I now need to order more just to start a rubber ducky collection. :)

      Delete
  10. My gosh - I'm all about that Flakie life. I'm loving these, gorgeous and that green... swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful polishes :) love those flakies x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. My first from TDD and not my last - my newest order arrived last week and I only ordered 4 and I got 6! She is just too kind!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)