Sunday, May 3, 2015

MPolish Stamping Polishes Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

One form of nail art I really love is stamping, this is where an image is etched into a metal plate and polish is spread onto the plate picked up by a stamper and transferred onto the nails.  Initially when I first started trying it (a little over a year ago) I had many struggles, but practice, watching You Tube tutorials and never giving up paid off.  Typically I stamp with cremes, but I had heard about a brand that made shimmer polishes for stamping that look amazing over darker colors, so I had to buy the collection!  The brand is called MPolish and it is 5-free (so it doesn't contain 5 of the harsh chemicals that can be found in polish).

Now let's get to some stamping!

First up is Apple Blossom which is a shimmery pink polish.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be paired with black to really make it pop.  The black is Yoga Pants from Drip Drop Nail Paint.  I stamped with Apple Blossom and Winstonia W101 Plate to create a cute leopard look.  Then I added gold studs and shiny top coat.



Bells of Ireland is the green shimmer stamping polish.  I used it over a beautiful blue jelly with green micro flakies that matched Bells of Ireland perfectly.  I stamped using Vivid Lacquer VL022 Plate over Candied Apple Polish Serenity and topped it all with a shiny top coat.




Next is Apricot Delight which has an orange shimmer to it.  I decided to pair it with a deep red wine colored polish called After Dinner by Black Luna Lacquer.  I stamped with Winstonia Plate W301 and added a bee gold charm from Hex Nail Jewelry and topped it all off with a shiny top coat.



Then I used the white pearlescent shimmer polish called Snowberry.  I used a lace pattern off of Vivid Lacquer VL028 plate adding a double stamping on 1 finger as an accent.  I used Heather's Hues Rain Rain, Go Away as my undie and topped it all with a shiny top coat.




Next is Sweetclover, a yellow shimmer polish.  I decided to test a lighter colored polish with the yellow to see how well the polishes do over non-dark colors.  I was very impressed when I paired Sweetclover with CDB Lacquer's Butterfly Kisses using MoYou Princess Plate 14 all topped with shiny top coat.




The last look (and my absolute favorite) is using Starflower.  Starflower is a blue shimmer and it is stunning.  I paired it with a deep purple jelly with blue micro flakies called Restore The Classics from Drip Drop Nail Paint.  I used Emily de Molly EDM05 Plate and topped it with a shiny top coat and also a matte top coat.






Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com
Matte Top Coat: Polish Matte'rs from Girly Bits Cosmetics

Loves: Great finishes for stamping polishes, the shimmer really adds a fun look to the manis.  They were all easy to work with and stamped perfectly.  I love the wide brushes as well.  And of course the polishes are 5-free too!

Wishes: Although the polishes can be used on their own for swatching, the brushes weren't as easy to use for application and created streaks.  I had used them as undies to some glitter toppers.  I also wish there were more colors with these finishes....like a red and purple!

Have you tried stamping?  If not, what is keeping you at bay?

Stay connected to MPolish
Store: www.mpolishes.com
Instagram: @mpolishes

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)