Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas Cookie Mani Swap (with Recipes!) Cathedral Cookies

Greetings and Nailutations,

I have a super "sweet" post for you today!  Pun intended!  Not only is it National Cookie Day today, but you will also be "treated" (yes, totally punned you again!) with a cookie collaboration INCLUDING recipes!  This delicious brain child was planned by 25 Sweet Peas.  She also created all the amazing images you will see in this blog (aside from my mani photos) - Sarah is very talented!


Let's get to the details!

Products used:
China Glaze - White on White
Glisten and Glow - Top Coat
Nail Drama - stencils
Ribbits Stickits - Cuticle Cover
Esmaltes da Kelly - Soap Bubbles
Heather's Hues - Heart of The Matter

I started with my base coat and then added the stencils on and sponged on White on White.  I removed the stencil after a few layers of White on White and used a black striper to fill in where the stencil was located.  I used the Soap Bubbles to color in the marshmallows (stained glass).  Once that was dry, I topped it with Heart of the Matter.




Now onto the yummy part of this blog post!  I will start with my recipe!  My mom always made these cookies for us during the holidays Cathedral Cookies.  They are supposed to look like stained glass in a church.


Now I want to take a moment to introduce you to the amazing nail gals who joined in this collaboration!




Their cookies look so good!!  Do you want to check out all the recipes?  Click the button below or scan the code!





I hope you enjoyed today's post!  Let me know if you bake up any of these treats!

Kristi aka BeginNails
Follow me!
Instagram     Facebook     Pinterest     Twitter

19 comments:

  1. That is such a cool mani and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried cathedral cookies before, but they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing theme for mani. I enjoyed looking at each one's rendition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone at my job would make these cookies every year and I'd look forward to them. I love your manicure and how well it matches your cathedral cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just too sweet!💕 Also I want to try these! They sound yummy, if only we did Chocolate! Humm maybe I could do it with white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure that I've ever heard of these cookies before but they look good! As do your nails of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, your nails look like stained glass! Cathedral cookies are the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried cathedral cookies, so I'm excited for nail art and a fun new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of that cookie before. This is so fun to see everyone's recipies, inspo and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art pairs so well with the cookies. I love this whole concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen cookies like this before, I'm going to have to try the recipe! Your nails look great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahaha I love your "if you leave the butter out the recipe still works". I love your mani tie in. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies sound yummy -- and your nails are a perfect match! Love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cookies look intense!! And your nails match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cant decide if I like this. Send me the cookies so I can decide.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this collaboration you guys have come together in doing! Really cute nail art to pair with those delicious looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nails look great and that cookie recipe!! OMG! I will most definitely try that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really fun post and your nails match that cookie perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea for a collab, these look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)