Friday, December 26, 2014

3 Empties: Liquid Glam Lacquer Sugar Scrub, Kitty Polish Top Coat and Burt's Bees Hand Creme

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how well they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.

First up is Liquid Glam Lacquer's Lemon Zest Sugar Scrub.  I had ordered this product quite a while ago and it held up with no evaporation.  I actually used 2 of these 6 oz containers up and was overall pleased with the product.  The sugar grains were a bit larger and the listing of the product said to use twice daily.  For me, I used it every few days due to coarser grain size of sugar.  This would be the perfect scrub for pedicures!
Smell Test: fresh lemon, clean and pleasant
Feel Test: too coarse for more than every other day use, but would be great for pedicures, light oils for moisturizing are also in the product
Packaging Test: easy to open screw on cap and plastic container, can be re-used for storage as well
Buy Again: yes!  My hands were much softer after using the product every other day.

*Photo courtesy of Liquid Glam Lacquer site.


The next product I used up was Kitty Polish Gardenia scented top coat.  This was my first scented top coat and this is the polish that made me fall in love with scented top coats.  I have also tried her ocean mist scented top coat and it is AMAZING!
Smell Test: WOW!  One of my favorite scents in a top coat that I have tried.  It smells like a LUSH shampoo product.  I could not stop sniffing my fingers when I wore it!
Feel or Look Test: great sheen and shine when I used this product.  Photo example below.
Packaging: Brush easy to work with.
Buy Again: YES!  However this scent is not longer available....but ocean mist is!


The last product to share today is Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme.  I got a small sample size and I could not use it up.  The scent and texture was not favorable to me.  I gave it several tries and finally just admitted defeat.  I do like other products from Burt's Bees, but this one fell short on the appeal.
Smell Test: it smelled like wax/crayons
Feel or Look Test: It made my hands sticky and it felt like there was a film on them.  It wasn't smooth to put on and would pull my skin when I tried to apply it
Packaging: I love the screw on cap and glass container.
Buy Again: I will pass on trying this product.  

*Photo courtesy of Burt's Bees site.


Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar or different experiences than I did?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

5 comments:

  1. That's good to know re: the Burt's Bees Hand Creme, I'll take your advice and give it a pass! This is a super useful series, great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! It was only the beeswax and bananas hand creme, they have another that isn't too bad, that I have opened and smelled and is sitting in my "use me next pile" :)

      Delete
  2. I found the Almond Milk & Honey Burt's Bees hand creme to be pretty similar. Not easy to apply, left a greasy film and didn't condition my skin as well as hand cream should. I guess their hand creams are just a miss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)