Saturday, April 11, 2015

April Mani of the Month Box Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have the April Mani Of The Month box which feature products from Heather's HuesDream Polish and Nails Redesigned.  April's box had the theme of April Showers and also had a guest contributor.  Each box features a full size polish, a mini glitter topper and assorted extra glitter from Heather's Hues, a base coat, top coat in mini size and a nail care item from Dream Polish and an assortment of nail vinyl decals and Swarovski crystals from Nails Redesigned.

This box came with blue sparkly umbrella decals and raindrop nail stencils and crystals that change colors in the light all from Nails Redesigned, and base coat, top coat and cuticle balm in the scent of Stormy Nights from Dream Polish.  There were also 2 items from XO Soap Company - a cute little cloud soap and a night facial serum.


Now let's get to some swatches!



First polish is a glitter jelly from Heather's Hues called Rain, Rain Go Away.  This royal blue jelly contains silver and turquoise holographic micro glitter as well as iridescent shards.  I do love a good iridescent glitter shard, but the deep blue hid any benefit of it.  Rain, Rain Go Away is a jelly and you know what that means....MATTIFY!!!  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat (1st and 2nd photos) and matte top coat (3rd, 4th and 5th photos).





The second polish from Heather's Hues is a beautiful thermal creme called The Calm Before The Storm.  The Calm Before The Storm is a white-light blue when warm and a deep blue when chilly.  I love my thermals!  This polish is creamy with perfect formula.  The color change was striking and beautiful.  Photos show 2 coats with Gem Glam Top Coat in transition (1st photo) and pointer/middle warm and ring/pinky cold (2nd and 3rd photos).




I also did a mani with The Calm Before The Storm and the umbrella decals and crystals from Nails Redesigned.  The color shift of the crystals is mesmerizing and the umbrella is the perfect size!



The last mani I did was using the extra glitters from Heather's Hues.  I sandwiched them in between Emerald City from Drip Drop Nail Paint and topped it with Gem Glam Top Coat.  The look almost reminded me of the look of lily pads on a pond.



I didn't get a chance to use the rain drop stencils, but once I do use them I will be sure to post the mani on Instagram and Facebook!

Matte Top Coat: O.P.I. Matte Top Coat

Loves:  This box had me at "there's a thermal!"  Formulas on Heather's Hues polishes are absolute perfection. The scent of Stormy Nights is a clean fresh scent.  My favorite scents are clean and sweet.  I also love the umbrella decals.  They are sized perfectly and the color and glitter effect is beautiful.  The crystals are beautiful and I can't wait to use them in more manis.  I'll be sure to post reviews on my 3 Empties posts once I use up the XO Soap Company products.

Wishes:  I hope Heather makes more gorgeous thermals and jellies to add to the box!  I love her thermals and jellies.  They make me smile when I open them.

You can order the Mani Of The Month Box from any of the 3 brands above!  The contents are always a surprise and pre-orders quickly sell out.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)