Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Digit-al Dozen: Colour Contrasts Spin on Silver and Gold

Greetings and Nailutations,

We are on day 3 of the Digit-al Dozen's Colour Contrasts.  When I think of contrasts I think of things you wouldn't necessarily pair together - like silver and gold (oh the horror!!).  I did a spin on silver using grey (or gray if you prefer) and gold using yellow.



Now let's get to the mani!




I started with a swatch of Lollipop Posse Lacquer Glittery Gray Matter (which was part of the Color Box of grays) - a very light grey with silver holographic flakies as well as iridescent blue and purple micro flakies.  I loved this swatch so much, I had to add a few non-nail art photos into the blog - "bare" with me!  (haha, did you see what I did there...bare of nail art...)





Now onto the nail art!

Products Used:
Lollipop Posse Lacquer: Glittery Gray Matter
MPolish: Scouting The Beach
UberChic: UC 3-02 Plate
Clear Jelly Stamper: Stamper, Clean Up Brush
Dream Polish: Gem Glam Top Coat, Gem Block Liquid Latex




Don't forget to check out all the amazing manis below from fellow Digit-al Dozen members!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka BeginNails



19 comments:

  1. What a lovely pairing! I do love silver and gold together. It's classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't understand why it's so taboo to people?

      Delete
  2. I love this theme - I've seen some super cool manicures from you ladies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got glittery grey matter - it's gorgeous!
    Love the stamping you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! Oooh, maybe a twin mani is needed?? :)

      Delete
  4. I love the silver and gold contrast - it looks so delicate. This would make a lovely wedding manicure, whether for the bride or a guest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Great stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I have the song silver and gold from the 80's (?) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in my head. Visiting your blog is apparently giving me 80's flashbacks lately, lol!

    Beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Now I have Wham! songs stuck in my head.

      Delete
  7. These colours look great together! Very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that base polish is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont know what people have against pairing silver and gold together, I do it all the time! Thanks for the gorgeous swatches and I love the stamping art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)