Thursday, February 26, 2015

3 Empties: O.P.I. Nail Envy, Fortune Cookie Soap and TBD

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how well they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.

The first product is a bath bomb from Fortune Cookie Soap Company.  I had a crazy day and wanted to unwind with a soothing bath and I used Lady Lavender.  It is HUGE!  It has lavender buds and made the entire master bathroom smell amazing.

*Photo courtesy Fortune Cookie Soap Company

Smell Test: smelled amazing, calming, soothing and left me stress free!
Feel Test: moisturizing and left my skin soft!
Packaging Test: i like that they are packaged in an easy to open bag with a sticker that identifies the name of the product.
Buy Again:  yes!  it's huge, smells great and is soothing!

The next product is a soap from Fortune Cookie Soap Company.  I got a Fortune Cookie Soap in the scent of Tis The Season To Be Mary, which was part of the Old Fashioned Family Christmas.  I was excited to try this soap out since this is the product to which they are named!  All products from this collection are inspired and named for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.


Smell Test:  The scent was amazing.  There were cherry notes and floral notes.  I loved this scent so much, I had to order a few more products in this scent.
Feel or Look Test:  Nice lather, feels great.
Packaging: adorable packaging and design that is in the form of a fortune cookie, only draw back is that it does fall apart quickly ~40-50 washes and it's difficult to use up all the small pieces.  Fortune Cookie Soap Company encourages the purchase of a soap saver bag to put the pieces in to use up.
Buy Again:  YES!  Aside from the falling apart, the scent, packaging and product itself were all wonderful!

The last product I used up is O.P.I. Nail Envy in the original formula, which an be purchased online, in most nail supply stores and beauty stores.  I have very weak bending (and in the winter peeling) nails.  I was recommended Nail Envy by a fellow blogger (and local friend) Amy (of www.amylovesnewwave.com).  I did notice a change in my nails when using this product, they seemed stronger and healthier overall.  I did start rotating in other base coats as well and my nails seemed to respond well.  

*Photo courtesy O.P.I. Products

Smell Test: smells like polish
Feel or Look Test: I not only used it as a base coat, but also wore it alone, dries quickly
Packaging: Nice wide brush for easy application and wide handle.
Buy Again: YES, but I think I may want to try some of their other formulas (Dry & Brittle, Soft & Thin, Sensitive & Peeling)

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have similar or different experiences than I did?

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)