Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Digit-al Dozen: Vampy Textured Pattern

Greetings and Nailutations,

I'm back with a textured pattern for the Digit-al Dozen theme: Vampy.  I was inspired by some dark and sultry velvet upholstry patterns.  Oh yes...sexy couches..haha!  I decided to tackle my nemesis - textured polish (I can't handle it for long periods of time on my nails - nails should be smooooooooth.).  I will admit that I loved the look - and I love the look of textured polish.  Maybe I can learn to love texture on my nails...(after a few glasses of wine).  And be sure to check the bottom of the post for some other vampy looks from my fellow Digit-al Dozen members!




I started out with a black canvas of Drip Drop Nail Paint - Yoga Pants (a fabulous 1 coater) and ensured that was completely dry using Dream Polish - Gem Glam Top Coat before I used Nails Redesigned vinyls and Zoya - Chyna.



Products used:
Drip Drop Nail Paint - Yoga Pants (black)
Zoya - Chyna Pixie Dust (textured red glitter)
Dream Polish - Gem Glam Top Coat and Gem Block Liquid Latex
Nails Redesigned - vinyls (pattern)
Clear Jelly Stamper - The Bling Brush

 Here is the final look!






Thanks for reading!  Tomorrow continues with another vampy look!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka BeginNails



29 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I love the Pixie Dusts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 They are so great - if only i wouldn't pick at them! lol

      Delete
  2. I don't have a lot of the Pixi Dusts but they are so beautiful. I love your nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the texture difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pixie Dust makes a great contrast to the black cream for nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same feelings when it comes to textured polishes but I love what you did with yours! I have a few Pixie Dusts and admire them from afar or use them for looks because I can't stand the gritty feel of wearing them for long periods of times eeek lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I totally keep rubbing my nails and can't focus on anything else.

      Delete
  6. This manicure is perfect for the Vampy theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh gorgeous! I actually love textured polish, despite the marks it leaves on my skin when I touch my nails by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok I like this. And I hate textured polish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I love this design! Not a fan of the textured polish either...but I love the color combo. Have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I know you're not a textured polish fan, but it really does make the mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally put a top coat on after to see how it looked to see if i could wear it and NOPE - it killed the look.

      Delete
  11. This looks like fancy fall brocade - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! So unique and just stunning!!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving these designs! Just love the texture that the Pixe Dust adds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need Yoga Pants! That's a gorgeous black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 coater! Stamps, water marbles and is a great base!

      Delete
  15. I'm not a fan of textured polish either, but these turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)