Monday, October 3, 2016

3 Empties: Nail Jewelry Bling Liquid Nail Tape, Fadeless Shampoo and Conditioner and Herbivore Botanicals Toner

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.




The first product is a latex barrier - Liquid Nail Tape with infused Vitamin E cuticle oil.  It is from Nail Jewelry Bling.  I had won this in a giveaway.  Latex barrier is used for mess nail art to make clean up easier.


Smell: It smelled like latex - which does not have a pleasant smell at all.
Feel: For me, the latex was very thin - I'm guessing because it was mixed with cuticle oil?  Many times I had to use 2 coats or more and still it wouldn't peel off in 1 solid piece.  I do believe she has change formulas since I won this.
Packaging: It came in a nail polish bottle which makes application super easy.
Buy Again: I'd pass on purchasing thing brand of liquid nail tape in the future.  The liquid latex nail barrier market is very saturated and I'd prefer to use a brand that has scented latex to make the experience more pleasant.

The next products I got in a Birch Box.  Fadeless Citrus Antioxidant Shampoo and Conditioner were used up quickly and made my hair feel so luxurious after each use.


Smell: strong scent of citrus - which when showering in the morning helps awaken not only my nose but the rest of me too!
Feel: Hair felt soft, strong and healthy.
Packaging: These were sample sizes, but I like the flip caps for easy use in the shower.
Buy Again: I have so many shampoo/conditioner products to try, but I would buy a full size if I ever run out of products!

The last product is Herbivore Botanicals Facial Toner.  I've used toners since I was in high school as I have combination skin and the oily parts really respond nicely to toner.  As I've been aging, my skin has change dramatically.  I'm looking for products that are more gentle and aimed at combination skin.  This product is for normal, dry and sensitive skin.


Smell: It mentions rose and ylang ylang - all I smell is medicine - a strong scent of hospital disinfectant.
Feel: It was extremely gentle - no stinging and left my face feeling refreshed.
Packaging: a spray nozzle with glass packaging.  I like the simple look of it.  Modern and sleek.
Buy Again: I loved everything about the products except the scent, so I'd have to pass.

So, have you tried any of these products?  If so, what did you think of them?  Did you have better experiences?  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!
Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

24 comments:

  1. Interesting that the latex was mixed with oil. I find regular latex so drying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the same thing, my skin is soaked in balm before I use it. :)

      Delete
  2. I keep reading raves about Herbivore. I wonder if it's more hype than real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sensitive to scents...once I smell something that reminds me of something - i Can't get it out of my head. I did like that it felt refreshed though.

      Delete
  3. I need to check out latex barriers. Cleaning up is so time-consuming, so much so that I tend to avoid nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Herbivore products, but I'm sorry to hear that toner smelled so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - not too bad, just like a hospital....which freaked me out.

      Delete
  5. there is nothing like empties. I dunno why I love them so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have a basket of them waiting to be reviewed too!

      Delete
  6. I love empties posts! That toner sounds nice, except for the smell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - what? you don't like the smell of hospital? at least it smells clean right? haha

      Delete
  7. Hmm. Really sounds like a couple of duds there. Who wants hospital smell on their face? Ew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nail latex w/ Vitamin E Oil!? That sounds interesting. Too bad it was so thin, hopefully they can get the formula right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they have a new and improved formula!

      Delete
  9. Too bad on the latex, I wonder how the reformulated product is. The added oils sounded promising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know about that liquid latex. I just bought one called Simply Peel and so far its been great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that brand yet - it's on my list though!

      Delete
  11. That liquid latex sounds really nice and moisturizing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)