Wednesday, October 5, 2016

3 Empties: Julep Vanish, Anazoe Beauty Conditioner and Sunny's Body Products Hand Lotion

Greetings and Nailutations,

It's another installment of 3 empties, where I review 3 products I have used up and express my opinion on how well they worked, how they smelled, their packaging and if I'd make a repeat purchase.


First product is Julep Vanish cuticle softener and remover.  I purchased this when I was a Julep Maven (monthly subscription - which by the way took escalating to social media to get them to really cancel my subscription).  This is one of 3 brands I've tried for cuticle removal.  


Smell: scentless
Feel: I'm used to gel type cuticle removal products that stay in the target area.  Julep Vanish is liquid, so it slides right off the cuticle.  The product worked well, but if it had been thicker, less product could have been used during each treatment.  
Packaging: Glass bottle, with medicine dropper type applicator.  The packaging is more "luxurious" than the other plastic squeeze bottles I'm used to.
Buy Again: I'd pass on purchasing again.  I prefer cuticle remover in gel formula so that it stays in the area of concern and the cost for the gel products is much cheaper.

Next is a nourishing conditioner I got in an indie box of beauty products from Anazoe Beauty.  I'm obsessed with hair products so I was really excited to try this!



Smell: The conditioner is in the scent of Mermaid and it is a clean floral scent.  I really looked forward to using it on my hair.  
Feel: Thick and creamy, the characteristics I look for in a conditioner - stays on the hair and spreads easily.
Packaging: It came in a plastic jar with screw on top.  For shower purposes, I prefer flip caps or squeeze bottles with twist cap as you don't have a risk of shower head water going into the jar.
Buy Again: I was impressed with this indie product (hand made) and would definitely look into purchasing more!

The last product is Sunny's Body Products Hand Lotion which I purchased last fall and finally used up.  I love Sunny's Body Products - they are high quality and moisturizing.


Smell: Spiced Pumpkin Latte - YES PLEASE!  OK, I don't necessarily drink coffee, but I love the scent.  It's scent lingered on my hands and when I opened it at work to use it, on at least several occasions someone would walk by and ask - oooh, it smells like pumpkin latte...yum!  
Feel: Fingers felt moisturized without being greasy.  Absorbed fairly quickly as well.
Packaging: Conveniently packaged, with a flip cap and plastic squeeze bottle.  Worked perfect for my desk.
Buy Again: Like I mentioned before, I love Sunny's Body Products and just picked up their Halloween box!

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you have different experiences?  Let me know your thoughts below in the comments.

Happy Emptying,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

18 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these specific products but I agree, gel cuticle remover is so much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the liquid gets used up too fast and if they charge more for luxurious packaging in the end they get consumers to use more so therefore they need to buy it more often...not this gal! LOL

      Delete
  2. I feel like I must be the only person alive who doesn't love the pumpkin spice smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I actually never tried pumpkin pie until about 5 years ago (over 30 years w/o trying it). I was surprised it tasted good and have embraced pumpkin ever since.

      Delete
  3. Well done on finishing so many products! I could do with some of that hand lotion in my life. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried these products, but I agree that gel cuticle remover is easiest and I NEED to get some Sunny's Body Products in my life soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE Sunny's prods - when I went to check her store out yesterday while editing this post I was like "OH MY GOODNESS - HALLOWEEN BOX! YES PLEASE!" :)

      Delete
  5. yay, empties! I haven't tried any of these but that hair conditioner has my interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found their FB page while I was writing this up the other day and it doesn't sound like they have sales often....or even an open store. They make and open the store and sell out!

      Delete
  6. I have that Julep cuticle remover and totally agree on the formula. I too wish it was a bit thicker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sneaky because they make you use more! LOL

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, pumpkin spice hand cream?? YES, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried the Julep before and agree! It was lacking something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)