Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Mini Indied Box Swatch and Review Part 2

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have rest of the A Mini Indied Box, which was a collaboration box of 10 indies all providing minis for an affordable price.  What I love about this box is that it opened my eyes to a few new brands that I hadn't tried before.  The second box is in the process of being created!


Now let's get to some swatches!
First up is a purple polish with teeny micro flakes called Purple Flip Flop.  Purple Flip Flop is from Top Shelf Lacquer and this is my first experience with this brand.  I was very happy - the formula applied perfectly.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th photos) and matte top coat (5th, 6th and 7th photos).









Next is Plum Full Of Cherries from Joy Lacquer.  This is another new to me indie brand.  Plum Full Of Cherries is a deep red jelly with micro flecks of gold.  Photos show 2 coats that applied perfectly with shiny top coat.







Extra Crispy Walkers is the contribution from Native War Paints - another new to me brand!  (Polish was created as part of The Walking Dead Collection.)  Extra Crispy Walkers is a black jelly with multi-colored iridescent glitter shards.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th photos) and matte top coat (6th, 7th and 8th photos).










The last polish I will be sharing today is from Hit The Bottle and it's called Smurf Blood.  The is my first experience with this brand, as it is an Australian indie brand that specializes in stamping polishes.  I decided to show a swatch of the color (which is a 1-coater) as well as stamping over both navy (Painted Polish Deux), white (Candied Apple Polish Blank Canvas) and black (Drip Drop Nails Yoga Pants) with a shiny top coat.







Shiny Top Coat: Classic Top Coat from Northern Star Polish
Matte Top Coat: Polish Matte'rs from Girly Bits Cosmetics
Liquid Latex: Lickety Split Latex Mani Mask from Ellagee Polish
Plate: VL028 from Vivid Lacquer
Stamper: Creative Shop Stamper from What's Up Nails

Loves:  This is a fantastic way to try out new brands for an affordable price.  I also love minis, they are cute and the brush is easily controlled.  Out of these, my favorite would have to be Purple Flip Flop because it's purple and I absolutely loved it mattified.

Wishes: Loved this box!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)